Last updated 1/23/2020
Who we are
Union Place Coffee Roasters
900 Jefferson Rd Suite 1504
Rochester, NY 14623
Union Place Coffee Roasters) (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://unionplacecoffeeroasters.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping; and
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order;
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints;
- Process payments and prevent fraud;
- Set up your account for our store;
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes;
- Improve our store offerings; and
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Information Collected by Automated Means Through Our Site
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Device information, including unique identifiers and connection information, including the means of Internet connection (e.g., WiFi connection, ISP);
- Your device type and settings, software used, browser type, and operating system;
- Language preferences;
- Dates and times you access or use the Site; and
- Location information, including the city and state associated with a unique identifier
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We do not sell, lease, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
We share information with the following third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you:
- PayPal through which we process payments
- United States Postal Service (USPS) through which we ship orders
- Mailchimp only if you sign up for our newsletter.
How long we retain your data
We do not set a particular time limit on storing information because we need it for future reference. If you want your personal information to be removed from our database, please contact us. We will remove it anytime there are concerns about your privacy.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments or reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Site, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administed these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to help us analyze your use of the Site. To learn more about how to opt our of Google Analytics services, please visit the following link:
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout